DIETETIC AND FOODSERVICES
Telephone No: 05-6298400 ext. 8490/8491/8493/8494
The Dietetic and Food Departments will work on the development of clinical dietary and health services as well as health promotion to assist patients in line with the vision and mission of the hospital and the Ministry of Health. The management system will prioritize innovation, technology and latest knowledge towards continuous quality improvement.
The Dietetic and Food Department attempts to:
- Plan food preparation in compliance with nutrient requirements, catering process procedures, hygiene principles and food safety, in line with current technology and quality.
- Implementing the proper management system based on policies, circulars, and prescribed instructions.
- Helps medical treatment through clinical dietetic services and health promotion based on 'evidence-based' practices as well as contributing expertise in the field.
- Contribute to research and research in nutrition and dietetic areas.
To ensure clinical dietary and dietary services, as well as health promotion, are carried out in a professional, high-quality customer-centric manner.
The Dietetic and Food Department is responsible for providing support services to patients and residents of the hospital through the following activities:
- Provides normal diets and therapeutic diets to inpatients at all hospital wards according to ward order
- Provide food to the medical officer on call and medical and paramedical staff in charge of the surgeon
- Supply dry food to the Psychiatric ward and Maternity ward
- Provides diet consultation services to outpatients referred by medical personnel and inpatients; enteral nutrition support services to inpatients referred by medical officers
- Giving talks on food/nutrition and disease services on invitations
- Provides practical training of catering and internship dietetics to trainees from Government Institutions of Higher Learning