MEDICAL SOCIAL DEPARTMENT
Telephone No: 05-6298400 ext. 8779 / 8780/7102/7103
To assist patients especially in psychosocial and socio-economic aspects so they can become members of the community and be in their social function and be self-reliant in accordance with the potential limitations caused by the illness as well as the psychosocial problems in which they arise.
To create a quality and effective social work service for all customers.
- To help provide psychosocial services based on the principle of confidentiality, care and effective in addressing the social problems of patients in line with the concept of comprehensive treatment.
- Help solve problems and rehabilitate patients who become clients, especially for psychosocial aspects so they can become proactive and self-reliant members of the society according to the limits of the potential of the disease
- Provides socio-medical services and social interventions to patients referred to the department.
- Providing advice and consultancy.
- Managing financial aid and medical equipment.
- Make 'liaison' tasks with various agencies for their patients/families.
- Engage in community-related activities of the patient's welfare.
- Abuse / Waiver / Child abuse case.
- Domestic Violence / Domestic Violence / Marital Problems.
- Unmarried Mother / Baby Care.
- Suicide Attempt Case.
- Disability case due to illness / accident (physical / blind / deaf / dumb / retarded reason)
- Chronic illness concerns.
- Financial problems for treatment / purchase of medical equipment / artificial tools / fare / subsistence / school children and so on.
- Special diet.
- Detect patient's heirs/disability plans from ward
- Managing placements to institutions.
- Management of OKU registration.
- Baby management is stranded.
- Adoption application advisory services.
- Patient stranded / ignored / no family support
- Socioeconomic report for treatment at IJN and radiotherapy
- Home visit
Referenced / involved agency
- Medical Assistance Fund Ministry of Health Malaysia (TBP)
- Malaysian Patient Welfare Fund (TKPM)
- National Cancer Council
- social welfare Department
- State Islamic Religious Department
- Royal Malaysian Police
- Mass media
- Volunteer Agency / Individual