SPEECH RECOVERY UNIT
Telephone No: 05-6298400 ext. 8816/8817
The Speech Recovery Unit will provide the best speech-language pathology services to all patients in order to ensure a better quality of life.
Speech Rehabilitation Unit will provide continually quality speech, language, and ingestion services to all patients: -
- Patients will be given appropriate treatment in a friendly and conducive environment.
- Confidentiality of patients is respected and maintained by a professional, caring and working staff
- Language-speaking pathologists are always dynamic to enhance their expertise and experience by continuously attending training programs.
Speech recovery unit provides services for outpatient and in-patients
- the handling of speechless, language, communication and ingestion (in terms of assessment and therapy)
- conduct awareness and support talks
- conducting activities and programs related to speech, language and communication problems.
Improve the quality of life of an individual with problematic speech, language and communication and problematic ingestion to a maximum level to improve communication and swallowing ability more effectively in the following ways:
- Conduct early detection, assessment, intervention/therapy and counseling programs to patients and family members/guardians
- Provide educational programs to provide exposure and awareness to patients, family members, and the general public